Additional Checking Accounts
Kentucky Bank also offers additional checking accounts for our customers that are looking for something outside of our SMART checking account offerings. Our Money Market Checking Account and our Health Savings Account provide additional checking account variety for our customers.
Money Market Checking
Our Money Market checking account pays interest and offers you the ability to write up to three checks per month. Deposit balances determine interest rates.
- $1,000 minimum deposit to open account
- $1,000 minimum daily balance to avoid monthly service charge
- $8 monthly service charge if daily balance is below $1,000
- Interest is earned on average collected daily balance
- Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly
- Interest is earned each day the balance is $0.01 or more
- ATM access
- Kentucky Bank check card
- Regulation permits no more than six (6) combined withdrawals and/or transfers per month or statement period by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer (e.g., automatic payments to an insurance company), drafts, telephone or online transfers, debit card, or check (for accounts with check privileges). Transfers to other Kentucky Bank accounts are counted as part of the six transaction limitation. Transfers and withdrawals made in person, by messenger, by mail or at an ATM are unlimited.
- Monthly statement with images of checks and deposits
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Potential customers: Individuals who are under the age of 65 and are covered by a High Deductible Health Plan qualify. They cannot be covered by other health insurance or enrolled in Medicare. They cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return Click here to view the HSA tutorial.
- $50 minimum opening deposit
- No minimum balance required
- No Kentucky Courtesy coverage or overdraft privileges
- Accessible by online banking, bill pay and eStatements
- Unlimited transactions
- Earns a variable rate of interest, compounded daily and paid monthly on collected balances
- Funds can be accessed by debit card, check, or other payment methods provided with your account
- $10 set up fee
- Monthly service charge of $2.75 (waived, if enrolled in eStatements)
- Check order fee
- $25 closing transfer/rollover fee