Online Banking Security
Due to the dramatic rise in threats and the sophisticated nature of cyber-crimes, there is not one single solution for online banking security. Kentucky Bank takes numerous steps to keep your accounts and personal information safe and secure, and you also play a role in maintaining the security of your banking information. Below are some additional tips for keeping your online banking information secure.
- Create a “strong” password or pass phrase that is between 8-17 characters that includes a combination of mixed case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- No family or work information in the password.
- Change your password and security questions frequently.
- NEVER share username and password information.
- Avoid using an automatic login feature that saves usernames and passwords.
- Do not use public or other unsecured computers for logging into Internet Banking.
- Check your last login date/time every time you log in.
- Review account balances and detail transactions regularly to confirm payment and other transaction date.
- Report any suspicious transactions immediately.
- Take advantage of customizable system alerts.